Missouri Emergency Services Instructor Conference
Save the Date: November 3–5, 2017
More Conference Details Will Be Announced In The Future
About the Conference
The Missouri Emergency Services Instructor Conference is for those preparing and presenting training programs for emergency services personnel, and public fire education. Instructors and other supervisory personnel will find this conference valuable in planning for the training needs of their organizations. Whether you are just starting out or have been involved with training for many years, this conference will benefit you.
Preconference Train-the-Trainer Programs
The Train-the-Trainer classes are reserved for Certified Instructors recognized by the Missouri Division of Fire Safety. (If you are not affiliated with a Missouri Fire Department, this requirement can be waived) Participants will receive all of the curriculum and training that will enable you to deliver the selected classes to your own agency as a MU Fire and Rescue Training Institute Registered Program*.
Participants will receive:
- Instructor Guide
- A master copy of the Student Manual
- Digital media to support the course
*What is a Registered Program
The registered course program provides an opportunity for qualified instructors to teach the MU Fire and Rescue Training Institute recognized courses within their organization or mutual aid response area. Instructors may qualify to teach courses under the registered program by successfully completing an MU FRTI Train-the- Trainer course. Qualified instructors may then register a course they teach with the Institute.
Participants who complete a registered course conducted under MU FRTI guidelines will have the contact hours for that course added to their MU FRTI student record and the course will appear on their official transcript.
A Registered Program administrative fee of $350 per class will be assessed.
Registered Program Requirements:
- Instructors must hold and maintain certification by the Missouri Division of Fire Safety at the minimum level of Fire Service Instructor I in order to participate. (If you are not affiliated with a Missouri Fire Department, this requirement can be waived)
- Certified instructors must successfully complete the MU FRTI Train-the Trainer for the registered course.
- The course must be taught as designed using instructor and student materials and teaching aids obtained from MU FRTI.
- Participants must complete official MU FRTI registration forms.
- Tests, if applicable, must be administered under MU FRTI guidelines.
- MU FRTI course evaluations must be completed by each student.
A general session will kick-off the conference on Saturday morning, November 4th at 8:00 a.m. The Instructor of the Year award will be presented to an outstanding MU FRTI Adjunct Instructor. In addition, you will hear program updates from MU FRTI and the Missouri Division of Fire Safety, as well as keynote presentations of interest to instructors.
Continuing Education Credit
The Missouri Division of Fire Safety has approved 8 hours of continuing education credits for Train-the-Trainer courses and 12 hours for the weekend conference.
Location and Lodging
Camden on the Lake Resort, Spa, & Yacht Club will be the host location for the Instructor Conference. A
special lodging rate will be available to participants when you mention you are attending the MU
FRTI Instructor Conference. All rooms feature kitchenettes with refrigerators and stove-tops; pillow-top
beds; and private balconies. Wired and wireless internet access is complimentary.