During Winter Fire School the University of Missouri Fire and Rescue Training Institute offers three online classes. These webcasts are available on MU campus as well as online. Whether you want to attend in person or from the comfort of your living room, MU FRTI has got you covered.
System Requirements for Viewing the Webcast
You will need access to 1 Mbps or faster, to test your system do the following:
1. Click here to Test You System.
2. Choose Chicago, IL, wait for results.
If your test results are 1Mbps or faster you should have no problems viewing the webcast, if the test results are less than 1Mbps, please contact your internet provider.
Frequently Asked Questions for Webcasts
- Q: Can I test my system before the webcast?
- A: Yes! Go to "System Requirements for Viewing the Webcast" above and follow the on screen instructions
- Q: How early can I sign in to the webcast?
- A: Up to an hour before it starts
- Q: What is a minimum download speed for webcasting?
- A: 2-5MB is recommended for best viewing experience
- Q: I have no picture, but I have sound...
- Q: I have sound but no picture...
- Make sure you have the lastest Abobe Flash Player Installed.
- Make sure you are using IE or Firefox browser.
- Make sure you have sufficient speed.
- A: We suggest calling your internet provider and explaining what you are doing for Fire Training. Most departments have had success in getting them to raise their speed for the duration of the webcast so that it is viewable.
- Q: I canít find or have not received my login and password
- A: Thatís ok! Just call 800-869-3476 or email us at email@example.com
- Q: I have more people attending the webcast than our site license allows. What do I do?
- A: You can have them fill out the provided registration form and let us know that you are wanting to purchase extra seats. Just make sure to include a written authorization for us to charge you for those additions. We will take care of it when we process your certificates.
- Q: I have a question or a comment for the instructor